Motorcycle riders are often stereotyped as risky drivers who place themselves in unsafe situations. To compound the problem, because motorcycles are small, lack external forms of protection, and are more difficult to balance than a four-wheel vehicle, victims are more susceptible to serious injuries than other vehicle operators. From broken bones to spinal cord injury, there are many serious conditions that can result from a motorcycle accident. If you have suffered an injury, motorcycle accident attorney Amanda J. Spencer at Spencer Law Firm in San Antonio, TX, can pursue compensation for your suffering. Message us or call (210) 543-0000 to learn more.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Sometimes, drivers fail to notice motorcycles. Other times, they simply fail to sufficiently share the road. In cases of negligence, distraction, and other avoidable mistakes, they can be held liable for any injuries that result in an accident. There are a handful of motorcycle accidents that happen repeatedly:
- Left-Hand Turn
- The most common motorcycle accident occurs when a car turns left and, in doing so, cuts off an approaching motorcycle. This can happen because the driver did not see the motorcycle or misjudged its speed.
- Sudden Lane Change
- Too often, cars veer abruptly into a lane occupied by a biker. Usually, this takes place when a driver is distracted, inattentive, or simply does not recognize the motorcycle in their blind spot.
- There are drivers who follow motorcycles too closely and, as a result, wind up hitting them from behind when the motorcycle has to stop quickly.
- Dangerous Driving Conditions
- Potholes and other unsafe road conditions resulting from a lack of maintenance may be to blame in some motorcycle accidents. Inclement weather, such as ice, snow, rain, and heavy winds can also play a role.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because motorcycle riders are not protected by an outer structure, they are especially susceptible to serious injury in an accident, especially in cases where a large truck was involved. Catastrophic injuries, such as brain injury, broken limbs, and damage to the spinal cord is not uncommon.
Spencer Law Firm can file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf to seek damages for:
- Medical Bills – Depending on the nature and severity of the injury, you may accrue medical bills for ambulance transportation, emergency surgery, doctor visits, rehabilitation, and more.
- Lost Wages – If your injury sidelines you from work for any period of time, you may lose badly needed paychecks.
- Diminished Earning Capacity – If your injury results in permanent impairment, your ability to maintain or find a job may be impacted.
- Pain and Suffering – An injury can cause serious and long-lasting physical and emotional stress.
- Mental Anguish – Depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress, and other forms of mental suffering are common after an accident.
- Loss of Consortium – A victim’s spouse can suffer from a loss of affection, companionship, and physical intimacy.
Why You Should Choose Spencer Law Firm
At Spencer Law Firm, we understand the mental, physical, and financial suffering our clients face in the wake of an accident. To help ease the pain, we offer compassion, empathy, and understanding in addition to outstanding service.
At Spencer Law Firm, we understand the mental, physical, and financial suffering motorcycle accident victims often face in the wake of a serious crash.
We examine evidence including witness statements, police reports, photographs from the scene of the accident, and more to assist in building a solid case. We seek maximum damages to cover your lost wages, pain and suffering, medical bills, and more.
Take Action Today
At Spencer Law Firm, we work to improve your financial situation by winning compensation to cover your expenses after an injury. To learn more about our practice and how we can help you, visit us online or call (210) 543-0000 today.