The Spencer Law Firm, PLLC

Full And Fair Compensation for Workplace Injuries

By Amanda Spencer on November 20, 2017

Bandage wrapped legBeing able to go to work every day is a privilege, and one that allows us to support our families. Employers are required to provide a safe work environment, allowing workers to perform job duties without getting hurt or getting sick. Amanda J. Spencer at the Spencer Law Firm in San Antonio, TX helps injured workers facing workplace injuries get back on their feet, while holding employers and insurance companies accountable for damages sustained.

Worker’s compensation issues have a specific set of laws and rules to follow, and can be temporary or permanent. The best way to fully recover so you can go back to work is to partner with a qualified attorney.

What Types of Injuries Are Considered Job Injuries?

The most basic definition of a job injury is a harm to the physical structure of the body sustained at work. But because no two jobs are the same, there is no comprehensive list of injuries that are classified as on the job injuries. Some of the most common injuries that we see in Workers' Compensation claims are:

  • Musculoskeletal injuries like sprains, strains and fractures. 
  • Spinal vertebral or disc injuries causing back and neck symptoms that my radiate into the arms or legs.
  • Nerve compression either in the spine or the extremities causing pain, numbness burning and/or tingling.
  • Tendon, cartilage or ligament injuries such as rotator cuff, meniscus and ACL tears.
  • Conditions resulting from repetetive trauma, such as carpal tunnel or cubital tunnel syndromes.
  • Exposure to toxic fumes or substances that cause burns or respiratory difficulties.

The First Steps to Take after Suffering a Work-related Injury

If you are hurt while at work, your immediate concern is to seek medical attention. You should do this by reporting the injury to your employer, and then immediately going to the hospital or appropriate doctor. While your employer may have a network of doctors that you can treat with, you still have the right to choose your own treating doctor.  An attorney can help you select a doctor who will be your advocate and treat all of your work-related injuries.  When you go to the doctor, be sure to let him or her know you were hurt on the job and give a full description of how the accident happened. The doctor’s reports, diagnosis, and treatment plan will all become part of your worker’s compensation case, as will any documented reports from your employer.

What Types of Damages Are Available for Work-related Injuries?

If you are hurt on the job and unable to return to your normal tasks, you may be off work for a while and not earning a wage. In a worker’s compensation case, you may be entitled to be reimbursed for lost wages, medical and prescription expenses, and compensation in the form of an impairment rating for permanent impairment.

In order to establish the range of compensation to which you are entitled, a full work up of your case is necessary. This includes visiting with your physician or team of physicians and rehabilitative specialists, as well as a qualified attorney. These professionals will work in tandem to make sure you get the medical care required for your injuries, as well as the compensation you deserve as a result of having been hurt while working.

Who to Call for Help

For answers to questions about job injuries and worker’s compensation, schedule a consultation with The Spencer Law Firm, PLLC. You may contact us online or call us at (210) 543-0000.

Get In Touch

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite

San Antonio Office

10202 Heritage Blvd
San Antonio, TX 78216

Closed Today

More Info Directions (210) 543-0000